Sewing Projects Flower Power Top 

After lots of research and months of anticipation I finally picked up my brand new Pfaff Coverlock 3.0 from the wonderfully helpful ladies at Bobbin and Ink last Thursday, and let me tell you it was definitely worth the wait! Not only have I managed to learn to thread and convert between overlock, coverlock and rolled hem, I’ve also managed to make up a wearable muslin for a little top I had been planning for Miss O! Not too bad considering my complete lack of experience with overlocking! This little top couldn’t have been easier to come together I simply cut two pieces of fabric to size after measuring Miss O’s arm span and length, then cut out the neck opening using a ready to wear tee as my guide. Somehow I managed to get the top together without too much drama on the overlocker, and whilst it is far from perfect it’s definitely a wearable first attempt and a design I will definitely work at refining! I think my new Coverlock and I are going to become very good friends. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: