Sewing Projects Waffle Patterns Marshmallow Tunic

2015/02/img_1772.jpg

As soon as I set eyes on this fabric at The Fabric Store sale I just knew I needed to give it a home. Never having sewn with silk, let alone anything this delicate I was quietly terrified, but when fabric is this perfect sometimes you just need to give something new a go! And boy am I glad I did!

I found the perfect pattern for the Fabric, the Waffle Patterns Marshmallow Tunic on the Oliver and S store and thanks to the wonder of the internet and my trusty printer had my pattern in my hands almost instantly! And after adding a back seam, halving the width of the bow and removing the under sleeve along with some careful laying out and cutting I was able to fit a pattern requiring a 140cm by 260cm piece of fabric onto a tiny 110cm by 200cm.

I was surprised at just how quickly this pattern came together even after I added the extra complication of French seams throughout. And am pleased to say that sewing with silk wasn’t half as scary as I had built it up to be. This will defiantly be a pattern I will be repeating in future, and with a little lengthening would make a beautiful dress. Whilst I’m sure the wider bow and under sleeve would have been stunning it was more than worth sacrificing them to make use of such a stunning fabric.

2015/02/img_1604-0.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: